Fair Competition Policy
FAIR COMPETITION POLICY
In order to ensure that our events are held to the highest competitive standards, we follow USA Track & Field’s rules for the sport of running. When our events have cash prizes, we follow their policies to further support and promote fair competition for athletes, especially those competing for prize money and age group awards.
Prize Money Eligibility Policy
To be eligible for elite entry or prize purse at our cash awarded events, an athlete must:
- Not be currently serving a suspension issued by the US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) or the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) for use of a banned substance
- Not have ever served a ban issued by USADA or WADA for the use of performance enhancing drugs
- Not be represented by coaches and/or agents who have had 2 or more athletes receiving such suspensions in the previous 4 years
- Not be represented by coaches and/or agents who served a ban for use of performance enhancing drugs during their own athletic career*
- Provide proper documentation proving they are eligible for prize money (form W-9, W-8ECI or W-8BEN)
- Sign a statement attesting they are in compliance with USADA and WADA anti-doping regulations related to banned substance use and if issued a doping suspension or ban in the future, they will not be allowed back at the event for any reason
- Consent to random drug testing according to the standards and procedures of USATF, USADA and WADA
Any athlete that believes they have been barred from the event or the opportunity to earn prize money at the event because of mistaken identity due to near or exact name of a person currently suspended, banned or previously banned, must submit documentation certified by a notary in advance to the race director or elite athlete coordinator of the event proving that they are not the same person identified as serving a suspension, ban or previous ban.